Tunefoolery is looking for a Part-Time Development Director
Tunefoolery Music, Inc. is a community for musicians in mental health recovery which has inspired many with its message of empowerment and healing through music and creativity since 1994.
Tunefoolery’s 60 musicians perform over 150 gigs every year. Through music making, education, and a supportive community, the musicians build identities beyond diagnosis, and focus on skills as creative performers and ambassadors of hope for the mental health community and beyond.
In partnership with the Executive Director and the Board, the primary responsibility of the Development Director is to oversee and implement fundraising and development activities. Additional responsibilities will include public relations and marketing of the program. The Development Director will report to the Executive Director. Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee and implement fundraising plans, appeals, and events
- Lead efforts to select, prepare, and coordinate submission of grant proposals
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with individual donors and institutional funders
- Support the public image of Tunefoolery by developing its website, social media, marketing materials, and by serving as spokesperson at events
- Supervise marketing/fundraising staff, interns, and volunteers
- Prepare fundraising/marketing reports for the Board and facilitate Board involvement
- Participate in the life of the Tunefoolery community
- Proven track record of securing funds from foundations, corporations, and individual donors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Marketing and public relations experience
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Personal traits: creativity, flexibility, empathy, positive attitude, team player, self-direction
Hours and Salary
$26,000-$30,000 contingent upon skills and experience
Start: Summer 2016
Location: 85 East Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118. Some flexibility in work location.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position and in Tunefoolery’s mission to: Jens Rybo, Executive Director, email@example.com
Tunefoolery encourages applications from all applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religious creed, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, ex-offender status, prior psychiatric treatment or military status.